Lets face it pack for travel can be a big enough headache on its own, lucky for you through my years of traveling I have figured out the perfect carry-on necessities and some tips along the way.
Below are 8 of my favorite items and links to where you can find them too to make traveling to your next destination a breeze!
1. Chap Stick-The airplane is dry be sure to hydrate and I ALWAYS carry chap stick with me. No one likes chapped lips, no one!
2. Water Bottle-Saves money and the environment. I like these collapsible ones which are great for space saving.
3. Earplugs-Maybe you want to be in the zone, maybe there’s a screaming baby.
4. Eye Mask-Again, pretty straight forward, you need to catch some zzz’s before your off to your next destination.
5. Tote-Love this jet-set tote by Micheal Kors its stylish, durable, fits a laptop, and conveniently fits underneath the seat in front of you!
6. Earbuds-Listen to podcast or music. I prefer earbuds over larger ones as they are less bulky when you try to sleep.
7. Large shawl or scarf-Is it me or are airlines seriously unable to control the climate during flight? You would think if they figured out how to fly, they could at least nail climate control, I’d take being over prepared than freezing on a 7 hour flight anyday.
8. Snacks-Trail mix, fresh fruit, nuts, breakfast bars, protein bars. Something lights and convenient for on the go.
9. Pen and Paper-Probably won’t need this, but just in case you have free time and a world transforming idea pops in your head, you’ll be prepared and on your way to millions in no time.
10. Book-Save money and don’t by one last minute while you’re at the airport.
11. Hand Sanitizer-Because germs are gross.
12. Tea Bags– Not a fan of paying $5 for a cup of tea, many airlines and restaurants will give you hot water for FREE!
13. Alcohol-Also not a fan of paying $10 for a shot of alcohol, you are allowed 4 bottles of alcohol (discretely) per flight.
Extra items I like to keep in my carry-on as well:
If you have any other must have items you put in your carry-on I’d love to know about them in the comments below!